So, it was my Birthday last Sunday on Mother's Day!
I was born on Mother's Day May 10th, 1970 very early in the morning.
It's been 12 years since they have been on the same day.....
and this was the first time that my BD was on MD when I've been a Mother.
It was a great day! (More pictures coming soon in an upcoming post).
Recently I saw a post on another blog where the author listed 35 things about herself on her 35th Birthday.
I'm going to steal that idea.
This is definitely for all of you out there that follow us but only know us from the blog. By the time you finish this list you'll REALLY know me!
However, it really is for our daughter Cassia. One day all this will be hers to read; to learn about and recall her youth. In case she doesn't have a chance to find all this out - this is how I can tell her about me at 45 years old. I'm not as I used to be and I'm not how I will be in the future.
This is me now.
So - here we go. Forty-five things is a bit daunting - I may be scrapping the bottom by the end....
1. I was born in East York, Ontario.
2. Until I was nine we lived near highway 401 and the Toronto Zoo.
Our home! The wonders of google maps - it's been painted but looks just like it did!
3. We moved west to Cochrane, Alberta when I was 9.
4. I am of Dutch heritage. As both my parents were born in Holland, I am first generation Canadian.
5. I have one older sister.
6. I loved to draw and create as a kid.
Me a bit younger than Cassia is now. Remember the Regal school books?
7. I had long legs compared to waist and spent much of my time wearing floods growing up.
8. I grew up on the Love Boat, Chips, Threes Company and the Flintstones.
9. Mr. Dressup was my favourite show as a kid.
10. Mr. Muggs was my favourite school book as a kid.
11. I had a teal blue easy bake oven.
12. Lego was my favourite toy.
Derek making an omelet for breakfast on my Birthday.
13. I had a (security) blanket for a long long time - until 13 I think!
14. I'm better at math than english.
15. I'm a horrible speller as you regular followers can attest to.
16. My favourite music in the 70's was ABBA.
17. My favourite in the 80's was Culture Club, Bryan Adams, and Michael Jackson.
What can I say, I was a kid of the 80's. At least I'm not wearing neon.
19. My favourite song right now is Alan Jackson's 'Remember When'.
20. My other favourite song is George Strait's 'The Road Less Travelled'
Me and my girl at the Friends of Fintry spring festival on Mother's Day.
21. My two favourite foods are popcorn and pineapple - definitely not together though!
22. I'm NOT a risk taker.
23. I'm fairly shy.
24. I was a mother for the first, and final time, at the age of 39.
25. I have naturally curly hair.
26. I rarely let loose. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. Having a child has helped with that somewhat.
27. I'm stubborn.
28. I'm serious.
Derek made my cake but Cassia (aka the black cat) and I made the whipped cream for it. We all know why she was happy to help!
29. I love to cook and bake.
30. I can sew (sort of).
31. I spent 9 years at the University of Calgary.
32. I have a Bachelor's of Urban Studies with a minor in Latin American Studies and a Master's of Architecture.
33. I was married for the first, and final time, at the age of 32.
The happy bride and groom.
A picture of a photo picture .. one of the items in our long lost storage items was our wedding album.
34. My favourite colour is lime green.
35. My second favourite colour is orange.
36. My favourite flower is gardenia.
38. I have a lazy eye.
39. I have green - blue eyes.
40. My favourite season is the fall.
41. My favourite movie is the Sound of Music.
42. I'm more of a cat person (gone but not forgotten my pals - Muffin, Tuk Tuk and Bailey) than a dog person. (I know - we have a dog - I married a dog person!)
43. I'm a recovering magazine addict.
44. I love to read - books. My other hobby is gardening.
45. I'm a big picture person - not great with the details.
Darn! I'm at the end - I was actually having fun writing this list.
It was much easier than I thought it would be - I could go on.....
But I won't.
Today is Saturday - the eye of the storm we call the May Long Weekend - Queen Victoria's Birthday and the 'unofficial start of summer'. For us Park Operator's at a campground our most challenging days are those when the campers arrive (yesterday) and when they leave (Monday). The in between time is pretty calm except for keeping up with the cleaning.
Fintry PP is more then full - in fact our overflow is almost full. We have 100 sites here and many have 2 RV's parked in them. It's a bit crazy but it seems that everyone is having a great time. The weather this weekend so far couldn't be better.
Sorry for the lack of posts. The loss of our internet last weekend was not good, and could have been disastrous if it didn't get fixed when it did. All of our reservations are on line as is our accounting and paperwork.
I should be able to catch up on a few posts next week.
See you then!