Saturday, June 20, 2015

A HORSE NAMED EARL

Of course - this one is for you Rob.......

How many times have I disappeared on you all now so far - too many times to count - right?! So - I'll forgo the apologies.

I need a new format.

My trouble seems to be that for whatever reason, I think I need to provide you all with 100's of pictures per post. With such little free time on my hands these days - a post of that magnitude is daunting. I give up before I've even started.

My new plan is to keep the topic and corresponding photos short.

So - here goes the first of - hopefully - many more posts - I'm still shooting for a few posts a week. Let's see how I do. Again - no need to tell you how crazy our schedule is these days....

Last Tuesday, as with every Tuesday, we headed into Vernon for our grocery and errand run.

It was a hot day.

While I took on grocery shopping at Superstore, Derek and Cassia made a couple of new friends.







As you can imagine - Cassia was in horse heaven! 

Nice of Earl's owner to let Cassia have her way with him. Earl was very patient. Because I was the one with the camera - well our phone anyway - a second round of riding was necessary so that it could be documented when I arrived on the scene. 

Thanks again to Pat (we think that is Earl's owners name -yikes! Don't you hate when you can't remember a name!). If not - and you are reading this - Earl's owner - please write us.

Anyway, as I said it was hot - really hot - so from there we carried on home - or on to our next stop anyway. 

Rob - by the way is our loyal blog reading friend from Vernon -- Earl's water came via Rob. He suggested the title of tonight's post.

Happy Father's Day to Derek and the rest of you Dad's out there!

Teresa




17 comments:

  1. earl is a beauty of a horse, of course!..what a great adventure for Cassia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time for Cassia, even a short post is better than no post, don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying not to George! True - so I'll work on being more consistent...

      Delete
  3. What fun for Cassia, and what a cool horse Earl is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every child should get to spend some time with an Earl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Cassia, with Earl - what a patient horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Connie - very patient - I was a bit worried at first.

      Delete
  6. What a life that Cassia has! Earl is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying - one day she'll appreciate it for sure!

      Delete
    2. She sure will, it might take awhile but one day she will feel so blessed for having a Mommy and Daddy like you two!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I know someone who loves horses and ponies. She could never seem to pass one up :) Happy D D D (dad day derek)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ya you guys would know Chris - lucky her that others are understanding of this. Derek says thanks!

      Delete
  8. I have been following your blog for over two years now. If this post goes thru it will be the first time. I have alot of trouble getting them to post. Sure proud for your new job and your new home. I will miss Mexico but it is beautiful there and I am sure it will be beautiful this winter too with the snow. Cassia is growing so big, glad she had a good day with Earl the Horse. Poor Earl looks like he just wants to be out of the hot sun though. Short posts are great. Sometimes I have trouble finding time to read the long posts, even though I enjoy the pictures alot. Be safe and happy. Jean in Southaven, MS, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! WoW! Thanks for writing after the two years! It's nice to hear from you - I appreciate that you took the time to write a comment. Too bad that it is difficult to post - I have been told that before also. Thanks for persevering. We'll miss Mexico too however I know that it won't be our last time there. Next time we'll just fly in. Yes, we keep telling ourselves the snow will be nice. We'll see how it goes - I don't think we get much here. Definitely poor Earl - it was hot! No shade where he was. Keep in touch!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...