Monday, October 10, 2011

it's a rich mans world.....

money, money, money......any other ABBA fans out there? So - if you have been to our site prior to this day you will notice some - um - slight changes to the look of things around here. I did it - I took the plunge - was thinking about it for a while - AdSense!


We see ads on other blogs/websites of course. Some we cringe at - some are ok. The designer in me wanted to wait until I could find the advertisers on my own and then carefully screen them for content and look. But - lets get real - I could wait a long long time for that to happen. And so - here we are - boy are we hoping that they at least look passable on our lovely site.

Who can pass over pretty much free money? It isn't much of course especially since our blog is so new, but who knows what the future may bring. Plus for us any sort of amount is better then nothing. We live on a very very small amount - approximately $20,000 a year, and so if we can make some extra with the blog I am up for it. I am hoping visitors to our site don't mind......

Advertising in my day.....

Our family can live on the money we make in the summer. However, to have a little extra would be wonderful for the extra things - we have a bit of a wish list for which we are saving up.

On that note - get ready for some shameful self promotion.... Derek and I are great designers and business idea people. If you check out teresa wood designs you can read up on me - a former Intern Architect and Derek a former landscaper/plantsman. We specialize in architectural, landscape and graphic design and do most of our work remotely through the internet. As most say - no job is too large or too small. Not so true - we don't do really large jobs - but we definitely love the small - get in and get them done - small jobs. Do you need a logo? a rack card or brochure? a small yard laid out or a home renovation? We are also happy to barter and trade! 


Drop us a line in the comment section or contact us at  alifemadsimple3@gmail.com or through the teresawooddesigns.ca website. Thanks!




1 comment:

  1. Teresa, thank you so much for your comments on our new blog...
    I am so excited to find your blog. We have so much in common...we are Christians, and we are also living the simple life. I am going to read more of your blog when we are on the road, but, I did spend some time on it already, and you have been to alot of the places we want to visit. Can you please do us a HUGE favor, and when we are in an area that you know about, we would LOVE to hear about places to visit.

    Small world that you lived in Mortlach, our good friend is from there (Julie ) and we pass by there on the way to Swift Current to visit our son and his family.

    I will definitely be keeping in touch with you...thanks.... TnT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...